The Beginning

The Start of the Journey


Golfer playing shot in tournament

Like many of you, when I hit my first pure shot, I was hooked on the greatest game ever. I wanted to play the best courses that I could and develop my game as far as I could. Over the years I have been privileged to play all over the world, in China, Thailand, India, USA, the UK and in Europe.

Up until now it was never possible to play multiple courses in different countries in one trip because of the logistics involved, yet there were still so many beautiful courses that were on my list to play. So my company, LGT Golf, has partnered with AmaWaterways to provide a unique golfing holiday that allows you to play 5 of the best courses in Europe.

It is a marriage made in heaven, combining the best golf courses with the best river cruises in Europe. I have based the selection criteria on the same aspects that I would want for my own holiday, selecting golf courses that have hosted a European Tour, Ladies European Tour, Challenge Tour or Seniors Tour tournament. This is because I know the stringent quality criteria that the respective tours demand of a golf course in order to host these tournaments.


golf course and hole surrounded by heather and bunkers


I have also played each of these courses myself and can unreservedly say that they are fantastic and I can’t wait to go there again. On my travels, I realised that a great golfing holiday is one where we don’t need to deal with the mundane aspects of organising tee times, transportation, club cleaning and so on. With that in mind, we launched the LGT Golf brand. Our team will pick you up from the Hotel at your starting point, be it in Budapest or Prague, and then follow you to each destination, each time picking you up and delivering you back to the ship so that your golfing holiday is seamless.



Everything will have been arranged in advance for you – your tee time, practice balls for your warm up and your pull trolleys. After your round, you will enjoy lunch in the clubhouse while your clubs are cleaned by our staff. We then return you to your luxury river cruise ship, even if it has moved on to its next stop.

LGT Golf and AmaWaterways are working hard to make this the ultimate golf trip. Personally, I hope to share the passion and love for the great game of golf with you on one of these stunning itineraries

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creating Award winning Trips